RWC19 "Stuff"

Re: RWC19 "Stuff"

Porky 05 Nov 2019 08:06 am said..

Every nation in the RWC will need to rebuild for 2023.

Some examples:

NZ will lose Read, Aaron Smith, Sonny Bill and many others.
Wales will lose AWJ, Jonathan Davies, Ken Owens, North, Halfpenny
Scotland will lose Johnny Gray, Laidlaw, Barclay
France will lose hooker, second row, Parra and some props
Ireland will lose Sexton, O'Mahoney, Healy, Best
England will lose Youngs, Cole, Heinz, Wilson, Tuilagi and probably Marler although he is still relatively young.

This is not because they are bad players but are now of an age they are past their best. All teams must now trust in youth (look at how well Curry and Underhill responded, plus Ludlam). I think the future is strong for all these teams and the 2023 RWC could be the most exciting yet. The challenge is blending some experience into the mix.

I don't think Robson is the answer for England 9 - Spencer should be the one to take that place with Marcus Smith at 10. Hutchinson is one of the obvious centre choices, VRR in the front row, Sam Simmonds for 8 now he's fit again. There are loads more young players coming up in all countries and it will be fascinating to see which countries focus on the exciting young talent. Forget Dombrandt - never impressed me yet.

Onwards and upwards.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hall of Famer

Glen Sannox 05 Nov 2019 08:10 am said..

'VRR in the front row'. I've always been a fan of VRR but he hasn't managed to nail down the starting spot at Glaws...I'd like to see him manage that before he gets touted as an England player. For whatever reason (injury would be high on the list), I think he's been a bit of a disappointment so far.
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Sky blue 05 Nov 2019 08:15 am said..

Porky - ditch Ford? Alongside the flankers he was widely viewed as England's best player. At 26 he will be at his peak in four years.
Sky blue
Hall of Famer

Baylion 05 Nov 2019 09:56 am said..

Some player nicknames from SA's Xhosa commentators

Malherbe - Bud Spencer
Retalick - Idimoni (Demon)
Kwagga - Wrong Turn
Faf - iNip (Nip of Brandy)
Baylion
Hero in the making

King Prawn Bhuna 05 Nov 2019 11:46 am said..

35 points and £5m explains why England played so badly at the weekend...guess we'll see a few disappear over to France very soon to help the balance sheet.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

smirnoff 05 Nov 2019 12:28 pm said..

Not1eyed wrote:They did have an easy semi final tho DT. :D

Really? Seem to remember we lost by 3, not 20 :D
smirnoff
Senior squad member
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby