Gloucester v Bath OGT

Re: Gloucester v Bath OGT

James J 12 Oct 2019 19:54 pm said..

shedwebber wrote: Also, I don't want to see the replacement hooker for Gloucester again as he was truly awful. Keep him as a replacement prop!

He's barely been in the country a week and trained with the squad for the first time on Monday. Seems slightly unfair to write him off already.
James J
Vice-Captain

Peanutcoxy 12 Oct 2019 20:28 pm said..

That’ll be shedweb for you
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Clive's Pants 12 Oct 2019 20:42 pm said..

Went looking for max games for any one player and came across this (although it is a year old).

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/aug/19/premiership-elite-players-limit-30-games-season

"The controversial 32-game limit for a Premiership player in a season is to change, the Observer understands. From 2019-20 elite players will be limited to 30 lots of 80 minutes or 35 involvements in a matchday squad, whichever comes sooner.

Previously the limit applied only to members of England’s elite player squad but now it is being written into the standard Premiership contract"

Is this rule now in play?...and if it is it, and it being aRWC year, behind this strange preseason?
Clive's Pants
On the board

Sheddy Mcshedface 12 Oct 2019 22:05 pm said..

If you count all Premiership, Heineken Cup and Premiership Cup fixtures we have 32 Fixtures in the calender which could extend should we progress to the final of both cup competitions. Given a combination of injury/rotation/rest it is unlikely a single player is actually going to get close to the limit I would say.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

CMGC 12 Oct 2019 23:33 pm said..

Quite correct. an utterly meaningless and pointless limit set to wave a feeble hand at player welfare. The limit should be on the number of minutes played and actually cut back the ammount being set by current players. I would have thought 2000 mins more realistic and most won't get near that as it is.
CMGC

TP17 12 Oct 2019 23:49 pm said..

Continuing on the topic of our new hooker. I thought he made some strong carries. Our lineout was poor already before he came on and he had a week (possibly less) to learn our calls, so I think he can be excused. In my mind it was the jumpers and lifters getting the calls wrong.

I thought Tempest’s decision to penalise us for a not straight throw was farcical. Both sides weren’t throwing particularly straight all game and he chose to blow up for one of our lineouts after we had got ourselves in a threatening position in the 22. I see game after game of crooked lineouts and the referees rarely do anything.
TP17
Hall of Famer

Clive's Pants 13 Oct 2019 05:59 am said..

It does seem a lot of games but if you are planning to get to finals a team will play 24 (prem), 9 (Euro), 6 (Noddy cup) plus need to factor in RWC - England had 4 warm up games and should have been 4 pool games with a potential 3 more games to come. There would be a number of key players getting close in each team if played the majority of the Noddy cup games.
Clive's Pants
On the board

Porky 13 Oct 2019 07:37 am said..

shedwebber wrote: Also, I don't want to see the replacement hooker for Gloucester again as he was truly awful. Keep him as a replacement prop!

He is a much better player than you are a supporter. Get over yourself.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 13 Oct 2019 08:28 am said..

Clive's Pants wrote:It does seem a lot of games but if you are planning to get to finals a team will play 24 (prem), 9 (Euro), 6 (Noddy cup) plus need to factor in RWC - England had 4 warm up games and should have been 4 pool games with a potential 3 more games to come. There would be a number of key players getting close in each team if played the majority of the Noddy cup games.

Yes but no one player is going to be involved in all those games. Even if they stay fit all season, which is unlikely, Internationals are currently being played at the same time as the cup and League games so there is an over lap and the same with the Six nations.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Zyder 13 Oct 2019 11:01 am said..

There are only 22 Premiership games. We can't play ourselves.
Zyder
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby