How do we fix the scrum?

Re: How do we fix the scrum?

Gloucester Mute 15 Nov 2019 00:02 am said..

madders wrote:Gloucester Mute, out of interest at what level of rugby did you play?

There were no levels when I played Madders. Generally quite a high equivalent though - National 2/3 therefore Level 4/5. County Colts, County U21's and senior County Trialist.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1775  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 15 Nov 2019 07:10 am said..

Of what relevance is the standard any poster played? It’s the 2nd time you have commented on this recently.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Herefordpropforward 15 Nov 2019 08:53 am said..

I too find it strange when folk seek to evaluate the worth of any response by probing the level of personal experience. Folk have the right to have their view considered whatever their background or level of experience . I facetiously have come to refer to it as ‘ mine is bigger than yours syndrome’. I leave that with you m’dears as thought for the day from water logged Herefordshire.
West is best
Herefordpropforward
Hero in the making

LowerO 15 Nov 2019 09:02 am said..

But I bet your waterlogging isn't as much as mine ;)
LowerO
Hero in the making

Herefordpropforward 15 Nov 2019 09:07 am said..

I love it Lower O . I blame ...........
West is best
Herefordpropforward
Hero in the making

Ken Burney 15 Nov 2019 09:38 am said..

We need a new Denis Howell.
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

MrGlawsRocker 15 Nov 2019 09:49 am said..

In all fairness getting a referee in might not just be about "rules of the scrum" it could be, for a lack of a better term, the politics of the scrum. Trying to get an understanding of the interpretation of each referee and the best way to talk to them to get them to see your view?
In Ackermann we Trust.
MrGlawsRocker
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 15 Nov 2019 14:08 pm said..

Herefordpropforward wrote:I too find it strange when folk seek to evaluate the worth of any response by probing the level of personal experience. Folk have the right to have their view considered whatever their background or level of experience . I facetiously have come to refer to it as ‘ mine is bigger than yours syndrome’. I leave that with you m’dears as thought for the day from water logged Herefordshire.

Totally agree gentlemen. I was simply answering the question. He could have asked me how high a level I refereed at BUT that would be bragging !!

Any fool can/should learn the Laws of a game they play/referee/watch IMHO especially if they then go onto Forums/SW !! ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1775  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Lurker 15 Nov 2019 14:27 pm said..

some of us know the laws better than any referee or current player :lol: ;)
Lurker
Hall of Famer

ryno_chelt 15 Nov 2019 20:28 pm said..

Apparently just do a bit of training, bring in a ref and it’s all good. Great first half platform (in the scrum)
ryno_chelt
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby